- Search Google-style
- Search by name, title, subject
- Preparation request
- Quotation marks and square brackets
- Virgolette e parentesi quadre
For simple google-style search, or search by title, name or subject.
- Google-style search
Enter one or more search words, then click on
- Search by title, name or subject
Enter one or more search words, select a title, name or subject box, then click
Allows you to combine several specific search criteria.
- Search for ...
- Enter one or more search words in the same line, then click on
- Enter one or more search words in the two lines and initiate a combined search by selecting "and/or" and clicking on
- In ...
- After entering one or more search words on the same line, choose a search zone from the scrolling list, then click on
- After entering one or more search words in both lines, choose the search zones from the scrolling lists, then click on
- Search zones
The name of a document.
The subject of the document.
For example: Keyword/Classification, Musical genre, Genre of work, Names mentioned, Descriptor Dewey, Thematic Descriptor.
You may also search for: Musical instruments, voices, formation.
A description of the contents of the document.
For example: summary, themes involved.
An entity responsible for producing the document.
For example: production, distribution.
An entity responsible for the contents or the contributing content to a document.. Can be a person, an organization or a department.
For example: Author, Additional Author, Performer, Interviewer, Interviewee or Technician.
A date associated with the document.
- For example: production date, recording date or broadcasting date.
A unique, unambiguous reference identifying a document based on a formal identifying system.
For example: bar code, ISBN, commercial number, matrix number, record label.
The language of the document content.
The spatial or temporal topic or creation context of the document.
Includes for instance: geographical descriptor, places mentioned, dates mentioned.
- Filter by ...
Once you have entered one or more search words, filter by scope and/or format selecting the relevant elements from the scrolling lists, then click on
- Ready for listening
Select the box "Ready for listening" to limit search results to sound documents which are ready for listening at Phonotheque AV-workstations, and for certain documents which are open to public access 2at home".
At the AV-workstations
The title of a document ready for listening is preceded by the icon . Click on this icon to listen to the selected sound document.
Public access - "at home"The title of a document ready for listening is preceded by:
- the shaded icon for documents that can be accessed from the AV-workstations.
- the icon for documents not protected by copyright and open to public access.
Each title is always preceded by the icon . Click on this icon to view the DETAILS, i.e. the full cataloging of the document found.
- Preparation request (for a document that is not yet ready for listening)
Users accessing the catalog of the Phonotheque (from home or from a AV-workstation) may now ask to have a sound document, which cannot yet be played online, prepared for listening to, by filling in a convenient online form. The Phonotheque informs the user by email when the document is ready for listening. Preparation delay: at least one week.
- Quotation marks and square brackets
"xxx yyy zzz"
Search the string (two or more words) in a single field.
You can specify a search zone.
[xxx yyy zzz]
Search the string (two or more words) in a logical group of fields.
Any search zones are automatically excluded.
Quotation marks and square brackets should be placed at the beginning and at the end of the string, otherwise they will be stripped as any other delimiters.