Tel. +41 58 465 73 44 | email@example.com
The Swiss National Sound Archives as an information center
The Swiss National Sound Archives provides consulting services and other direct services in the following fields:
- Organizing, constructing, and installing sound archives
- Recording techniques for archiving
- Restoring and copying old collections of audio carriers
- Preparing working- and backup copies
- Documenting (cataloging) collections of audio carriers
The Swiss National Sound Archives can provide help in the search for any audio carriers that are not available in its own archives. It has contacts:
- with many public and private collections in Switzerland
- as a member of Memoriav, with the most important national collections of audiovisual documents
- as a member of IASA (International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives) and of its Discography Committee and National Sound Archives Committee, with the most important collections of audio carriers worldwide
As a member of AES (Audio Engineering Society), the Swiss National Sound Archives closely monitors developments in professional audio technology in the archiving field.
The Swiss National Sound Archives is part of the Swiss National Library
© Swiss National Sound Archives. All copyright of this electronic publication are reserved to the Swiss National Sound Archives, Lugano. Commercial use is prohibited.
The contents published in electronic form are subject to the same regulations as for printed texts (LDA). For information on copyright and rules of citation: www.fonoteca.ch/copyright_en.htm